Safe Workplace Program Training
Safe Workplace Program Training School
Here at All Purpose Safety Training Solutions we provide all the safe workplace program training topics and get employees certified properly. We will custom design a program suitable for your company and employees to be safe and meet all standards and regulations through the years to come.
Along with buying workers comp insurance, there are loads of ways in which you may make the workplace more secure, thus reducing the probability of a collision from occurring. And with fewer injuries, you're most likely to enjoy lower insurance premiums too.
Here are six ideas for a safe workplace:
- Fire Drills: Everyone in the building should know what to do in case of a fire, and the best way to prepare is to plan fire drills at least twice per year. Ensure that employees, old and new, know where evacuation routes are posted and where to find and how to use fire extinguishers.
- No Open Flames: Open flames should be banned from the workplace. Burning candles can be replaced by candle warmers. Smoking should be limited to designated outdoor areas. Even space heaters can be a fire hazard; only allow models with an automatic off switch if it gets knocked over.
- Tripping Hazards: Slips and trips are the most common workplace injuries. Prevent incidents by keeping wires neatly coiled and secured against walls, closing drawers when not in use, cleaning spills as soon as possible and keeping walkways free of clutter.
- Training: If your business uses non-standard equipment or materials, ensure that employees are thoroughly trained in handling those items. They should also be trained on using the proper protective gear (which must be provided) and first aid protocols in case of emergency.
- Security: Installing an alarm system and security cameras makes the building safer for everyone by deterring criminals from entering the premises. Not to mention, if anything does happen, it’s easier to catch the culprit with security measures in place.
- Maintenance: Keeping the building tidy, clean and in good repair is a must. A small annoyance like frayed carpeting can turn into a big problem if someone trips over it and suffers a broken leg.